2013/04/11

"J" is for..............

"Jack of all trades, master of none."

This proverb makes me think of myself sometimes.
I like to create various arts, but I am not exceptional in any.
I am decent at various music, but I am not excellent with any.
I studied various sciences, but I am not fully educated in any.

And it goes on.............

This is the trouble of having many talents or too many interests. Life does not give us enough time to fully excel in many things at once. We can only pick one or two things and dedicate our time to those in order to master them. And, if someone is like me.....they gain a new interest, learn it for a while, and then become bored with it because a newer, better interest has come along to take it's place.

Soon enough, those like me know how to do (or have learned) many different things, but none fully.

And so this is what this proverb means to me:

Someone who is competent in many skills, but not outstanding in any particular one.

1 comment:

  1. Very cool! New follower here. I'm stopping by from the "A to Z" challenge and I look forward to visiting again.

    Sylvia
    http://www.writinginwonderland.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete