2013/04/04

"D" is for.........

“Don’t judge a book by its cover.”
I have picked up books before, looked at the really cool cover and thought, “This will be a great book!” I have also picked up books that had terrible-looking covers and decided, “This book will be stupid. I shouldn’t bother.”
But, the majority of the time, I am surprised at how wrong I was. Sometimes, the books with the really great covers turn out to be so boring. And, the ones with the boring covers turn out to be really great.
People can be like this too.
Some of the best people I’ve ever known were people that had an outward appearance that caused others to avoid them. Then again, some of the most polished and community-celebrated people I’ve met turned out to be quite evil.
One of the easiest things to do is misjudge someone by their outward appearance.
That is what this proverb means to me:
I use the lesson I have learned with books towards people now.  I no longer pay attention to the cover, and instead.....I read the summary; I read the first few pages. And, only then do I decide whether or not to continue spending my time with that book.
We shouldn’t judge people by their outward appearances.  It is best to get to know people before making a decision on their character, and deciding if they fit into our lives or not.
ね?

5 comments:

  1. I learnt long ago not to assume I didn't like someone because of how they looked.

    JO ON FOOD, MY TRAVELS AND A SCENT OF CHOCOLATE

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always read the flaps and look at the pictures last! Ha But your right! You never know the wealth and or great mind behind a pair of shorts and tennis shoes...verses the one all dressed up with a label sewn to the inside collar. Great informative post! www.sandysanderellasmusings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always know someone's evil when they have pointy eyebrows and hooves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's unfortunate, but the cover is the biggest selling point when a person is just browsing books.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your theme for A-Z. :)

    ReplyDelete