2013/04/02

"B" is for.......

Barking dogs seldom bite.
When I hear this proverb, I imagine how a lot of dogs I have met behave. They frighten me a little because they will constantly bark. And so, I fear they will bite me.
But, they never bite. Only bark, bark, bark.
People can be like this also.
A boyfriend who always threatens suicide if you break up, but never does;
A “tough  guy” at school who threatens to fight you, but never does;
A parent who threatens to whip you if you misbehave, but you know they never will.
That’s what this proverb means to me:
Much like a barking dog, a person who threatens you constantly rarely carries out his threats.
Perhaps they want to frighten you, maybe they want to manipulate you. With people like this, their power lies in their “bark”. They do not need to “bite”, and usually they are afraid to anyway.
Just……….
Watch out for the growling dogs.^^;

2 comments:

  1. i love your A-Z blog topic. you are definitely correct about the barking dog! i'm visiting from the challenge myself: here's my day 2:

    http://smhasty.blogspot.com/2013/04/26-books-that-changed-my-life-2-1q84.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I plan to share this proverb with my daughter, who has been a victim of bullying. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete