2013/04/01

"A" is for........

This month, I am participating in the "A to Z Challenge" where each day of the month (excluding Sundays) I will make a post using a letter of the alphabet for the day. Since this is the first day, the letter is "A".
And, since this is a language blog for English language learners, my theme will be on proverbs.

Absence makes the heart grow fonder.”
Have you ever noticed that the longer you are away from something, you really start to miss it?
At the end of a long vacation, I really start to miss my comfortable bed at home.
If my best friend is so busy, I really miss him.
I miss them so much because I cherish them. The longer I am away from them…….the more I realize how much I really do care for them.
That’s what this proverb means.
When you’re away from something, you miss it more. And you realize how much you really do care for it.

Have you ever used this one, or do you have a similar saying?


"A" is also for "Arlee Bird", the creator of this blog challenge.^^
Thanks for creating such a fun and challenging......challenge. ^^;
You rock!

5 comments:

  1. As an English speaker all my life, I have used this both seriously and as a joke.

    Interesting topic.

    JO ON FOOD, MY TRAVELS AND A SCENT OF CHOCOLATE

    ReplyDelete
  2. It definitely does. Although when I was younger I used to think that absence made the heart forget ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like Kathy, I thought the same. As I've gotten older I've realized that it really does make the heart grow fonder. Great topic.


    Amanda from homevenn.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so true, and it's always nice to know you've been missed by someone. Good luck with the rest of your A-Z.

    Coffintree Hill

    ReplyDelete